Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Self evaluation of my 3 weeks of Preschool Storytime

I started our pretty slow. It is tough to switch gears from Toddlers to Preschool. I tend to have too few books and too many songs at first.

By the second week, I was doing better. I also had a big crowd (30) of people so the energy in the room really helped.

The third week I was not as happy with it. The theme I chose was good but the kids just didn't get very excited. Then there was a baby who was crying through a couple of books that distracted everyone.

I am sure I would do better with a 4th week but I am glad to return to the Toddlers. I will still have my outreach preschool and I might take what I learned here to them. I definitely do better when there is a large crowd. Since we don't have signups and we never know how many people will come and that is a challenge. I am hoping I can learn how to do just as good a job with just a few kids. I think it takes a different mindset.


No comments:

Post a Comment