Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mother's Day toddler storytime

Whew! After doing 3 weeks of Preschool and a long weekend in New Orleans, this toddler storytime was crazy!

I had an Early Literacy Training last week so I put some of the suggestions in action today. I asked who had never been in storytime before. One Dad raised his hand and I then told him the rules and expectations and introduced myself. I used my usual opening and closing song and 3 books (actually did 4).

In retrospect, I should have skipped the last book since I had lost them but some of them came back.

Books -
Is Your Mama a Llama? by Guarino
They liked this one. It is a big book and took a long time to do.
Baa Baa Black Sheep by Cabera
I really like this one, it is singing but with new words.
Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes by Litwin
Nothing to do with Moms but it is a favorite of mine and others in the room.
Mommy Mine by Warnes
This one is short and sweet.

Songs-
Open shut them
If your happy and you know it
Shake your sillies out
I love my mommy by Litwin
 - great song for Mother's day

Finger Play
5 little monkeys jumping on the bed

One set of twins was talking throughout the entire program. Not loud enough for me to call them out but enough to be distracting and so I had to read louder. Not a great day for that since my voice is shot. (mostly from flying)

I hope next week is better!




No comments:

Post a Comment