Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Preschool Storytime - Weather

This is my last Preschool Storytime for now. My colleagues and I did 3 each of the type of storytime that we are backup for. I think it will help that I did this if someone is sick or on vacation.

Today I did Weather. It started as clouds so I mostly did books about clouds. I did a new opening song and closing song with mixed results.

Opening poem: Bread and Butter (jbrary)

Book #1 - Boom! by Ray
They liked this one.

Felt story - It Looked Like Spilled Milk by Shaw
 (the reason I wanted to do clouds in the first place)
Lots of participation.

Book #2 - The Police Cloud by Niemann
They liked this one

Song - Shake your sillies out & If you're a cloud and you know it
Not too bad but they seemed tired.

Book #3 - Raindrops Roll by Sayre

Fingerplay - Itsy Bitsy Spider ( and big gigantic and tinny winnie)
They liked this better than I expected.

Song on uke - If all the Raindrops
I messed up the lyrics as usual. They got into it after a while. I mostly was solo.

Book #4 - One Rainy Day by Gorbachev
This one went over well.

Closing song: (on uke)
See ya later alligator
I like how this is easy to sing and play. If I was going to continue Preschool storytime I would do it often and they would learn it pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment