Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Preschool storytime - Piggys!

I am filling in for Preschool again today.

My theme was Pigs.

Open Shut them (one parent gave me such a weird look when I started this song. Not sure why)

Hogwash by Wilson
I love this one...good for a first story

Piggy Pokey (substitute piggy parts)

If you're happy and you know it

Pigs to the Rescue by Himmelman
Similar to Cows to the Rescue...very interactive when the kids help with "Pigs to the Rescue!".

List of Dances by Jim Gill

Pigs say Moo!
I found this one on the falling flannel boards blog (here) and it was pretty good. Not at all like story puppet shows I usually do.

If you give a pig a party! by Numeroff
I gave the kids a choice between this one and If you give a pig a pancake.

The Tempo Marches on by Jim Gill
With Instruments

I'm a Pig by Berry
I am surprised I got them to sit down again. But since they did we went ahead and read it.

What a Miracle by Palmer



No comments:

Post a Comment