Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Baby Storytime #9 - Mother's Day

Today I had a fantastic baby storytime!
My theme was Mother's day and I found some great stuff around the web.


Opening song – The more we get together (on the uke)
Bounce – Roll Roll sugar babies (jbrary)
Nursery Rhyme
The (New) Old Woman
There was an old woman who lived in a shoe
She had so many children and knew just what to do
She gave them some broth and a big slice of bread
Kissed them all soundly and tucked them in bed

Puppet story – Ask Mr. Bear by Flack - I changed this to be for Mother's day rather than birthday. Worked great!
Finger play – Five little monkeys jumping on the bed
Book - Is your Mama a Llama? by Guarino - a little long, skipped to the end
Action song – If you’re happy and you know it
Shaker song – Mother's Day Song (on the uke)
(Tune: You Are My Sunshine)
I love you mommy.
My dearest mommy.
You make me happy when I am sad.
 I want to show you How much I love you.
Here’s a hug For Mother’s Day!

And Oh what a Miracle! (I did this one sitting down and it worked great!)
Goodbye song – May there always be sunshine (on the uke) - I go around the room and get everyone's name. Maybe I will learn them eventually!
Bubbles song – Good Morning starshine

No comments:

Post a Comment