Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Baby Storytime #12 - Cats!

This week my theme was Cats!

Here is what I did:
Opening song: the more we get together
Bounce: Roll Roll Sugar Babies
Nursery Rhyme: Pussycat Pussycat...(should have said it rather than sung it)
Action song: I'm a little kitty (to I'm a little tea pot)
I'm a little kitty cat
Nice and sweet
Here are my whiskers and
Here are my feet
When I go out hunting, mice beware
Or you might just have a scare!

Flannel Story - 3 little kittens


Poem- the Great Big Cat and the teeny little mouse (I used hand motions)

There was a Great Big Cat
and a Teeny little mouse
Who ran around and around
In a tall, tall house!
Until that teeny tiny mouse got caught at last
Because that Great Big Cat ran around so fast!

Book - Mother has three kittens by Fleming (clipped pages to shorten)

Shaker song: I know a Chicken by Berkner

Song: Soft Kitty (uke)

Action Song: Alabama, Mississippi

Book: How to be a Cat by McClure - this is a black and white book. I showed the parents how books with one word per page can get babies interested in books.

Closing song: May there alway be sunshine (uke)

Bubbles: Cat's in the Cradle (Chapin)

The kids were not very attentive today. The parents too. I just plowed on and got through it but it wasn't much fun. I have had worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment