Thursday, May 14, 2015

Baby Storytime #10 - Farms


This week I did Farms. I talked about how using animal sounds can help babies with phonological awareness.

Opening song - The more we get together (uke)

Bounces:
Roll, Roll Sugar Babies

When Animals get up in the morning

When ducks get up in the morning,this is what they say
When ducks get up in the morning, this is what they say
Quack, quack, quack, quack, that is what they say
Quack, quack quack, that is what they say.
Continue with Cows, Dogs, Sheep, Pigs, Cats

Flannel Rhymes - Bo Peep, Baa  Baa Black Sheep

Action song – Alabama, Mississippi - Jim Gill

Puppet story -  Old Macdonald

Animals on the Bus (Tune: “The Wheels on the Bus” )
The pigs on the bus go oink, oink, oink.
Oink, oink, oink, oink, oink, oink.
The pigs on the bus go oink, oink, oink,
All through the town.
Substitute other animals and the sounds they make.
Cows, Dogs, Frogs, Pigs, Cats

Choral reading – My First Farm

Song with shakers – Grandpa’s Farm

Bubbles

Toys and Balls

I forgot to do "May there always be sunshine" so I played it on CD during bubbles and a grandma said she missed singing the song. My voice was pretty shot after Alabama, Mississippi - I forgot to bring my water - so maybe it was just as well. It is nice that she told me - I will do it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment