Thursday, May 21, 2015

Preschool Storytime - Monkeys!

I filled in for a co-worker today and did preschool storytime.
I did one of my favorite themes...Monkeys!

Here is what I did:
Irrational Anthem - Jim Gill
Open Shut them
Book #1 - Caps for Sale by Slobodkina
Fingerplay - 5 little monkeys
Settle down song; Shake your Sillies out
Book #2 - Two Little Monkeys by Fox
The Animals in the Jungle (to wheels on the bus)
Bean Bag Rock
Book #3 - Sock Monkeys do the Monkey Monkey by Winburn

Craft: http://www.busybeekidscrafts.com/Bendable-Monkey.html

How it went: Not great! The parents and kids were quite loud in the beginning and I had to shout to be heard. During one of the books, I forget which one, 4 kids started running around in circles. They liked the Bean Bag song and Hokey pokey book. The craft was too complicated since there were no tables to use. I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment