Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Baby Storytime #8 - Gardens


A terrible beginning today...I was late to the branch by about 15 minutes because of a traffic jam, so I had about 10 minutes to set up and get ready.

My theme was Gardens. I was planning to play "The Garden Song" on my good uke (my concert) but I completely forgot it today and I really need a strap in order to play it, so I just used a CD.

My plan:
Opening - The more we get togther (uke)
Bounce - Roll Roll Sugar Babies (jbrary)
Fingerplay - My Garden (Finger Plays and Action Rhymes blog)
Flannel - Five little Flowers
Action Song - Hap Palmer - In My Garden
Fingerplay - Itsy Bitsy Spider
Book - Growing Vegetable Soup by Ehlert
Choral Reading - The Mole That Dug a Hole by Donaldson
Puppet Story - There is something in my garden (DTDL Storytime)
Closing - May There Aways be Sunshine (uke)
Bubbles - Oats, Beets, Beans, and Barley Grow

Early Literacy Tips - Vocabulary

They loved Sugar Babies so I will keep that in for a few weeks. They like the Hap Palmer song better than I thought they would even though I was doing all the actions and they were just looking at me.

A pretty young crowd this time with many more lap babies than I expected. I forgot to make my welcoming remarks about going and moving...I was pretty flustered.


No comments:

Post a Comment