Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Boxes - Toddlers

This was a really enjoyable storytime. Timing was great and the kids pretty under control.

Here is the run down:

Opening song -  Open, Shut Them

Books:
Thank you Bear by Foley
Spots in a Box by Ward
Not a Box by Portis

Action songs:
Shake your sillies out
If you're happy and you know it
What a Miracle

Finger plays:

Jack in the Box
Jack in the box, you sit so still,
(make a fist with thumb inside)
Won't you come out?
Yes, I will!
(Pop out thumb)

Little Turtle
I had a little turtle (make fist with thumb sticking out)
Who lived in a box (cup hands together)
He swam in a puddle and climbed on the rocks (with hands swim and climb)
He snapped at a mosquito (clap)
He snapped at a flea (clap)
He snapped at a minnow (clap)
And he snapped at me! (clap)
He caught the mosquito (cup hands) he caught the flea (cup hands) he caught the minnow (cup hands)
But he didn't catch me! (wag finger)

Song cube
I took at square (empty) tissue box and put clip art pictures on each side representing songs. Each child rolled the cube and we sang the song.

The songs are:
Wheels on the bus
Row, row row your boat
Baa baa black sheep
I'm a little teapot
If you're happy and you know it.

I just did 1 verse or for wheels on the bus I did 3 each time the song came up. Wheels on the bus was the most popular.

Bean bag rock by Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment