Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bugs for toddlers

A small group, so I was able to do 3 books. The little boy from last week that was very disruptive was there again. I waited until I had the caregiver's attention and then said the rules (they were late last week). I specifically said, stay out of my stuff. (but a little nicer) It didn't help. The caregiver (maybe a grandmother) just watched as he tried to get into my stuff. I didn't let him but she did. If it continues I might have to speak to her.

Here's what I did:

Books:

Tiny Little Fly by Rosen

Can you make a scary face? by Thomas
 - not as big a hit as usual most likely due to the small group

In the Tall Tall Grass by Fleming

Songs:

Itsy Bitsy Spider with puppets
 - I had a bunch of insect puppets so I sent them all up the spout and back down. They liked it.
Ants go marching with instruments

All in all this wasn't bad. I think compared to last week, which was total chaos, it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment