Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Dragon Toddler Storytime

I have done dragons before but have had some difficulty finding toddler level books. I found a couple so I decided to give it a go.

Songs:
Open Shut them
Shake your Sillies out/If you’re happy and you know it
Do the Dragon Dance by Ronno

Puff the Magic Dragon with scarves
What a Miracle by Palmer

Books:
The Best Pet of All by LaRochelle
-this was a hit
Oh No Little Dragon by Averbeck
-cute!
Hush Little Dragon by Ashburn
 - this one had a little too much eating of people in it but they weren't really paying much attention so I shortened it

Puppet Show/Book
- I have done this as a puppet show with preschoolers but not toddlers. It was a bit long for this age so I shortened it quite a bit.
Finger Play
5 Green Dragons
Five green dragons making such a roar.
One danced away and then there were four.
Four green dragons dancing around a tree.
One danced away and then there were three.
Three green dragons dancing around you.
One danced away and then there were two.
Two green dragons dancing in the sun.
One danced away and then there was one.
One green dragon having lots of fun
She danced away and then there were none.

A pretty lively group but with some criers. After the first book they got tired, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment