Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Dance - Toddler storytime

Well, after last week's problems with kids not paying attention, I decided to do my dance theme since that would get them up and moving. I used books that can include movement. The weird thing was that while they paid attention to the books some, they were up and moving around constantly. When I put in the Mexican Hat Dance and threw a hat on the floor they were sitting quietly on their parents lap. Then I did one more book and they were up and moving again.

Weird...I think I will try doing a more babish program next time and see if that works.

Books:

The Croaky Pokey by Long
Wiggle by Cronin
Hilda Must Be Dancing by Wilson

Songs:
List of Dances by Gill
Hokey Pokey on uke
Shake your sillies out on uke
Happy and you know it
Shake Shake by Litwin with shakers
Mexican Hat Dance


No comments:

Post a Comment