Friday, January 20, 2017

Outreach to preschool - Farm

I love going to this preschool. It is a small group - 9 kids and the adults are so welcoming it really sets the moon.

I did my farm storytime but substituted longer books since this group is 4s and 5s.

Books:
Down by the barn by Hillenbrand
Book Book book by Bruss
I Spy on the Farm by Gibbs - with puppets not book
Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type by Cronin - not sure the understood what a typewritter is but they liked it anyway.
Farmyard Beat by Craig with puppets - I wasn't going to do this one but I have it memorized and I had some extra time so I did it anyway. A hit as usual!

I did I Spy like a game where they guessed what animal it was by seeing one small part. Very popular.

Songs:
Old MacDonald - with puppets
The Tractor on the Farm - with uke
If your happy and you know it - with uke
May there always be sunshine - with uke
Jump up, turn around by Gill
I know a chicken by Berkner with shakers

It was a very full storytime and I had a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment