Wednesday, November 4, 2015

boxes toddler story time

Today I did a Box storytime.
I had a bigger group than last week but they were all over the place. Maybe it is the beautiful Indian Summer day.

Books:
Sitting in my Box by Lillegard
Not in a Box by Portis
Meeow and the Big Box by Braun
Harry's Box by McAllister

The books were a little repetitive because they were all about make believing a box is something else. I think I should have skipped Harry's Box since it was longer but then it would have been too short.

Songs:
Open Shut them
Shake your Sillies Out - Raffi
Magic Box - Laurie Berkner
What a Miracle - Palmer

Finger Plays/Action rhymes
Jack in the Box
Here is a box
Little turtle

Early Literacy Tip
Play

I think I will do this again for my outreach to Head Start next week. I made a songcube but forgot to use it. It was so chaotic at the end I doubt it would have worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment