Saturday, November 21, 2015

Thanksgiving Storytime for Toddlers

I had a great group for this week. Since there are no storytimes next week I decided to do Thanksgiving early. Here was the lineup:

Opening song: Open shut them

Book #1 – Bear Says Thanks by Wilson

Flannel Song - Did you ever See a turkey? (like this) Storytime secrets


Song #2 - If You're Thankful and you know it

Book #2 – I know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie by Jackson
 - a bit long but I had to do this one!
Song #3 - The Turkey Pokey  - put your wing in, your beak, your claw, your tail, etc

Book #3 – The Thankful Book by Parr
- This one was a little long so I paperclipped some pages.

Song #4 - Thanks a lot - Raffi (scarves) and flannel
- I put laminated pictures of what Raffi was thankful of on the board as the song played. One little boy grabbed one of the pictures and yanked off the felt on the back. I was pretty shocked!

Closing Song - What a Miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment