Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Worms! - Toddlertime


Here is what I did:
Opening song: Open Shut Them
Book #1 - Inch by Inch by Lionni
A favorite from my childhood.
Flannel Story -Herman the Worm (used vegan one here)
Book #2 - Noodle and Lou by Scanlon
    I started to lose some of the younger ones at this point. A great story about friendship.
Action Song - Shake your Sillies Out - Raffi
    Here I talked a bit about making letters with scarves - I could only do O and I, should have figured out more before hand
Action Song - Dancing to Walter the Waltzing Worm - Palmer

Book #3 -Ned's New Home  by Tseng
     I did this with a very dramatic voice and got some of the little ones back.

Closing song: Oh What a Miracle - Palmer

Early Lit Tip - Letter Knowledge

My toddlers are starting to skew younger so I will have to think about incorporating more music and movement. Closer to my baby storytimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment