Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Preschool Storytime - Farm animals

Today I did my Farm Storytime for Preschoolers.

It was fantastic!

Here is the stuff I did:

Opening song: Open Shut them
Click Clack Moo! by Cronin
     (they didn't know what a typewritter was - so cute!)
Old MacDonald with puppets
       Very good participation!
Book, Book Book! by Bruss as a flannel board



Mrs. Wishy Washy by Learning Station- from you tube
    They liked this. I had some trouble with the iPad

Mrs. Wish Washy's Farm by Cowley

Farmyard Beat by Craig as a puppet show
    They love this one!

I know a Chicken by Laurie Berkner
     They really got into this song!

No Sleep for Sheep by Beaumont
     It seemed like they needed another one, but this one was too much like Farmyard Beat.

Early Lit Tips: Phonological Awareness, why we do songs with animal sounds.
     I got a few nods from parents. So cool!

Closing song: Oh what a miracle! by Palmer

All in all my best Preschool storytime I have done in a long time.  It was really fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment