Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Toddlertime - Dance

I expected a big group today since Early Head Start called to say they were coming with 20 kids. They did come but only had about 10 kids. And they were late. Oh well.

Here is what we did:

Open Shut Them
Hilda Must Be Dancing by Wilson

Silly Dance Contest by Jim Gill
    They wouldn't stand up. I am not used to that!

I Got the Rhythm by Schofield-Morrison
    Got them to say the action words and do some movements.

Hokey Pokey

Dancing Feet by Craig
    They didn't pay attention to this one since I finally got them up on their feet for the Hokey Pokey. Such a short book I didn't cut it short.

Mexican Hat Dance

Oh What a Miracle by Hap Palmer

Coloring sheet - Hilda in her water ballet suit

Early Lit tip - Background knowledge

A nice storytime that ran a little short since I didn't do anything that needed to be passed out and no flannel stories either. I think I will add them back in for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment