Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Down on the Farm - Toddlertime

Today I did an old standby, Farm Animals.

Here is what I did:

Open Shut them

Stuck in the Mud by Clarke
     The kids and parents really liked this one. They laughed and did farm animal sounds when I asked them to.

Flannel - Baa baa black sheep - I add more verses with colored sheep and then a rainbow striped one with sparkles for Disco sheep - they loved it

Five Little Chicks by Tafuris
    The children were pretty restless so I opted for this short one

Old MacDonald - with puppets
    Always a hit

Where is the Green Sheep? by Fox
   Another short one with appeal

Instruments to Red Grammer's Down on the Farm

On What a Miracle!

Phonological Awareness was the Early Literacy tip of the day. I talked about why we do animal noises.

I was going to do a puppet show of Farmyard beat but the kids were so restless I figured they wouldn't do well with it today. A small but fun group all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment