Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Australian Storytime - toddlers and preschool

This week I did Preschool storytime on Tuesday and Toddlers on Wednesday (today) so I used the same theme.

My Early Literacy topic was vocabulary.

Preschool:
Opening song: Open shut them
book #1 -Marsupial Sue by Lithgow
I just sang the chorus and read the rest.
Song #1  - If you go into the bush
book #2 - Australian Animals by Arnold
    I just showed photos and talked about the animals.
Puppet story - Who Stole the Cookie Dough? by Beaumont
    I used the animals I had
Song #2 - List of Dances by Jim Gill
book #3 - Wombats on Walkabout by Diggory-Shields
Closing song - Oh What a Miracle - by Hap Palmer
Craft - pouches made with paper plates. Threading yarn through holes punched in the sides

A large group with only a few adults so craft was a little much.

Toddlers
Opening song: Open shut them
Book #1 - Wombats on Walkabout by Diggory-Shields
    really held their attention!
Song #1 - Shake your sillies out - Raffi
Puppet story - Who Stole the Cookie Dough? by Beaumont
     They really were captivated by the puppets!
Book #2 - Australian Animals by Arnold
Song #2 - Give me a home among the gum trees by Bob Brown with shakers
     They liked this one.
Book #3 - Boing! by Bruel
   Defiantly lost them at this point.
Song #3 - Wheels on the bus
Closing - Oh what a miracle! by Hap Palmer
Craft - Kangaroo coloring sheet with kangaroo facts on top

Great group! Very attentive except for final book.


No comments:

Post a Comment