Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Outreach to Early Head Start and Head Start - Feelings

Today I had 2 outreach programs: 1. Head Start for ages 3-5 2. Early Head Start for ages 0-3 I used the same plan as yesterday's out reach but I changed a few things. For Headstart - I added If You're Happy and you Know It. I am not sure why I skipped it yesterday...just forgot I guess. The kids loved Jan Thomas' Can you Make a Scary Face? best.
I also used scarves rather than bean bags. I have a better song for scarves on our ipad which I have to use at Head start because when using CDs and boombox, the floor shakes so much the CD skips.
For Early Headstart - I used the same books but left out Grumpy Cat I also shortened Pete the Cat and the Magic Sunglasses due to lack of attention. We did extra finger plays and songs and all worked out fine.
EH had me in the cafeteria this time and it works much better. There are fewer distractions than in the classroom.
tomorrow - Toddlertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment