Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Body Parts Toddlertime

Tomorrow I have my first Toddlertime since before Christmas.

Toddlertime is for ages 18-36 months. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep everyone on the same page especially if I have a wide range of ages. All of them are mobile so I make sure I have activities that allow for moving around, books that aren't too long, and songs that have motions.

Here is my plan to tomorrow:

Toddlertime – Body Parts
Open shut them
Book #1 – My octopus arms by Baker
Finger Play
On my Face
On my face I have a nose (point to nose)
And way down here, I have ten toes. (point to toes)
I have two eyes that I can blink (blink eyes)
I have a head to help me think (put hands on head)
I have a chin and very near (point to chin)
I have two ears to help me hear (put hands to ears)
I have a mouth with which to speak (point to mouth)
And when I run I use my feet. (pretend to run in place)
Here are my arms to hold up high (put arms up high)
And here’s a hand to wave goodbye (wave) 

Book #2 – My nose your nose by Walsh
Action Song/fingerplay – Head Shoulders Knees and Toes and Akien Drum
Book #3 – wake up, me!
Dance – Body Talk by Kids in Motion
and Bean bag Boogie
Closing song – This is the way


Things will change and that is what I will be recording for my use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment