Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Crayons Toddlertime

My asides today were for Print Awareness. I ran my finger under some words in the book Meeow and the Blue Table to show how we can help children recognize that words have meaning.

Books
A Day Without Crayons - This one is pretty long so I did it first. I doubt one boy would have paid attention no matter what I read but the girls liked it.
Maisy's Rainbow Dream - Always a hit.
Meeow and the Blue Table - a new one, very toddlerish so I did an aside that this is the kind of books that work best for young toddlers.

Fingerplays
Five little crayons (2 of them)
Flannel Board Story
6 little crayons

Songs
Open Shut Them - Opening song
What Are You Wearing - action song
Box of Crayons - with rhythm instruments, cut it to 2 minutes. (a 4 minute song)
What a Miracle - closing song

I just had 3 kids and 3 adults until the last song when a child and dad stuck their heads in a joined in. It was hard to find crayon books that worked for toddlers so I mostly did colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment