Saturday, January 27, 2018

Special Family program - Happy Unbirthday to everyone!

So I wasn't sure if I would get any people because we had a wildly popular program yesterday and got 35 kids. But I set up anyway because you never know. I might have decorated a bit more if I was a little surer but it was fine.

I had a 3 year old, a 4 year old, and a six year old in the beginning.  I told them about how Alice met Humpty Dumpty and he told her about Unbirthdays. I was going to read the chapter from Through the Looking Glass if I had older kids, but no need.

So I read 2 books.

A Birthday for Cow by Thomas (they liked this one)
Happy Birthday Cupcake by Border (not as successful)

Then we did the hokey pokey, musical hearts (like this), and pin the tail on the donkey.

Then another child came who was about 2.

So I went straight for the crafts. They needed quite a bit of help. They were preschool/kindergarten crafts. This and this (but it said Today is my Birthday)

Then I took out the musical instruments and put on music so if some were done they could play.

Next since most of them were done with their crafts, we had cake and lemonade. I cut the cake after we sang happy birthday. Since no one was singing I put on a CD with happy birthday on it.

I didn't have much else for them to do so I put on music and used my bubble gun. Then I said stay as long as you like and left for the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment