Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Down on the farm with toddlers

I did my farm theme today.

I planned to do it just like this 

However, it ended up a bit shorter due to short attention spans.

Books -
Farmyard Beat by Craig
I often do this one with puppets but it works as a book as well. Since I had the puppets for Old MacDonald I opted to read this one.

Stuck in the Mud by Clarke
They like this one. I had to read very loudly and slowly due to the noise level. I didn't say anything and the kids were taken out for a bit. Peer pressure is awesome!

Songs -
Open Shut them
Shake your sillies out - Raffi
If you're happy and you know it
Old MacDonald - with puppets
Down on the Farm - Red Grammer with instruments
What a Miracle - Palmer

Flannel-
Baaa Baa Black Sheep

I did a longer intro that I sometimes do because I had a number of new faces. I might do more with the kids next time...listening ears works well but this bunch was out of control so early I never had the chance. I do think they had fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment