Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Bathtime at toddlers

Today's toddler storytime started with a screaming kid and ending with a whimper.

I have never had a child scream and run and poke other children so much in a storytime. I gave the parent hints in the beginning about keeping the child from blocking other kids, leaving if she is unhappy, and that sort of thing but to no avail. I had to ask her to leave. I felt bad
not as bad as my throat is feeling from yelling over the kid.

Anyway, here is what I did.

Books: Get Out Of My Bath! by Techentrup


Who's In the Tub by Jones

Game - Colored Bubbles
I got this one from Pinterest from Kathryn Roach

Songs:
Open Shut them
Shake your sillies out
If you're happy and you know it
Bathtime by Raffi
 - We did bubbles while listening
What a Miracle by Palmer

The child I spoke of was not really a bad kid, just excited. If the parent had kept better control over her...making sure she didn't block the book, not poking other children, I would have been okay with the loud screaming...I think.

Not the best but I have next week off for the week of the 4th.

Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment