Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Fun with Food! toddler storytime

I had a great time in storytime today! My theme was Food and it was Fun!

Books:
A Very Hungry Caterpillar by Carle (as a flannel from here)
The Little Kids Table by Riehle
How do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Yolen

Songs:
Aiken Drum (on Uke)
-I ask them to tell me what Aiken Drum's parts are made of and I draw on the white board.
Oats Beets Beans and Barley Grow with instruments
Shake your Sillies out/If You're Happy and You Know It
Open Shut them
What a Miracle

Flannel:
5 Little Hot Dogs (http://flannelfun.weebly.com/5-little-hotdogs.html)
 - They loved this one!

I wonder if I had such a good time because there were 20 kids today. But maybe it was just such a wonderful day and I like this particular theme very much!

Another song I was going to do was this one: I am Hungry
But I did Aiken Drum instead. I know it better and as long as there are alot of kids it goes well. It was a challenge to draw, sing and play all at the same time but I managed!

No comments:

Post a Comment