Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Jungle Animals for Toddler storytime

I had a big crowd (for me) today. 19 kids and 15 adults.

Here is what I did:
Books:
Tiny Little Fly by Rosen
Orangutangled by Bardhan-Quallan
I'm the Scariest Thing in the Jungle by Derrick


Fingerplay/flannels:
5 Little Monkeys jumping on the bead
5 little Monkeys teasing Mr. Alligator

Songs:
Shake your Sillies out
If you're Happy and You know it
The Lion Sleeps Tonight with shakers (Berkner)
I know a Chicken with shakers (Berkner)
Open Shut them
What a Miracle (Palmer)

Action Rhyme:
I am a big tall giraffe (from Storytime Katie)

This was a fun storytime. I like the books and the songs. The kids were very wound up and some were talking throughout but I just raised my voice and kept going. Not much you can do when a 19 month old is going to talk or scream. I prefer the talking. By the end they were running in circles. I guess all the rain this month is taking its toll. I added a second shaker song because I knew another book was out of the question. After 2 days of outreach and today, my voice is shot. Must rest up for next week. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment