Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Farm Animals - Toddler Storytime

Opening Song - Open Shut Them

Book #1 - Hurry Hurry by Bunting
 - Might not have been the best to start with...very young kids book.

Finger Play- Plant a seed
I plant a seed in the cold, cold, ground (put fingers on palm like planting)
Out comes the sun, big and round (arms for sun over head)
Down come the raindrops, soft and slow. (fingers wiggling)
Up comes the flower, grow, grow, grow (arms up and stand up to make tall)
 - did this one twice...they liked it!

If you're happy and you know it...ending with "if you want to hear a story"

Book #2 Farmyard Beat by Craig
 - I have done this one as a puppet show but I think I like it better as a book.

Song with puppets - Old MacDonald

Flannel - Chook chook chook
Chook, chook chook, chook, chook
Good morning, Mrs. Hen
How many chickens have you got?
Madam, I've got ten.
Four of them are yellow,
And Four of them are brown,
And two of them are speckled red,
The nicest in town.

Flannel/Finger Play -Little boy blue
Book #3 - Spots, Feathers, and Curly Tails by Tafuri
 - a nice one but the toddlers were winding down at this point, the preschoolers present answered all the questions.

Shakers to "Down on the farm" by Raffi

Closing song - What a Miracle by Palmer

For my first storytime of the year I decided to do an old standby. This is a theme I could do in my sleep which is good because I am recovering from a cold and didn't have much of a voice or much energy. The kids have bunches, however :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment