Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Body Parts - Toddler Storytime

Opening song - Open Shut Them

Book #1 - I Like Myself by Beaumont

Fingerplay - On my face
On my face I have a nose (point to nose)
And way down here, I have ten toes. (point to toes)
I have two eyes that I can blink (blink eyes)
I have a head to help me think (put hands on head)
I have a chin and very near (point to chin)
I have two ears to help me hear (put hands to ears)
I have a mouth with which to speak (point to mouth)
And when I run I use my feet. (pretend to run in place)
Here are my arms to hold up high (put arms up high)
And here’s a hand to wave goodbye (wave) 

The kids liked this so we did it twice.

Book #2 - Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Fox

Action songs -
Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Tony Chestnut
Hands are for clapping - Gill

Book #3 - All of Baby Nose to Toes by Adler

I might have done a few too many action songs because this one I had to cut short.

Bean Bag Rock with beanbags
The kids just looked a me and shook their beanbags but the parents were doing the song. 

Closing song- What a Miracle by Palmer

Not too bad but there are many little ones in my group now that just graduated from baby storytime. This means more music and less books which I did. The two 4 year old girls might be encouraged to go to preschool storytime where they do more books but it is a scheduling issue for the caregivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment