Monday, December 14, 2015

Head Start and Early Head Start

Today I had outreach for Head Start and Early Head Start. My plan was to do snow but I got a call from one of the teachers who said they were doing a unit on roads and could I do a book about roads. I did a reference interview and found out they were learning about how a road is made and what a road is made of. There is only one book about that so I read it first. Then I did snow.

Opening song: The More We get Together - on uke
Book 1 - Road Work by Sutton

Finger Play: Snowflake Snowflake - This is supposed to be an action rhyme but the kids were so stuffed onto the "circle time rug" I did it sitting.

Snowflake, snowflake dance around
Snowflake, snowflake touch the ground
Snowflake landing on my nose
Snowflake landing on my toes
Snowflake, snowflake flutter to the ground.

Book 2 - Snowmen at Work by Buehner

Song - Shake your Sillies Out - they needed to get up at this point.

Song - Happy and you Know it

Book 3 - Snowmen at Night by Buehner
 - a little too much like Snowmen at Work but they weren't really paying attention at this point anyway.
Closing Song - May there Always be Sunshine by Gill - on uke

Then for Early Head Start I did some singing and reading books.

Book 1 - If You're Happy and you Know It! by Cabrera

Book 2 - Skip To My Lou by Westcott

Songs:
Wheels on the Bus
I Know a Chicken by Berkner
Alabama Mississippi by Gill
May There Always be Sunshine by Gill - on uke

Fingerplay
Roll, Roll, Sugarbabies by Jbrary
- just not enough adults for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment