Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Jungle Animals - toddler storytime

Opening song - Open Shut Them
Book #1 - If I were a Jungle Animal by Ellery
 -  This book was a bit wordy for this age so I just summarized some of the pages. They liked it.
Song: I went to the Jungle -
 - not bad but I messed up a little
Flannel: Five little monkeys sitting in a tree
Fingerplay: Five little monkeys jumping on a bed
Book #2 - If You're Happy and You know it by Cabrera
 - we sang and acted out this one
Action song; Shake your sillies out
 - This is where I lost the 18 month olds
Song: The Lion Sleeps Tonight with shakers
 - On my uke. Went well
Song: Rhinoceros Tap - Boynton

Book #3 - Tiny Little Fly by Rosen
 - The 3 little ones were running around the room but the rest liked the story.
Closing song - May there always be sunshine - on the uke.

I was excited to do this one because I had a song to play on my uke and a puppet show based on It's a Tiger by LaRochelle. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the puppet show so I will save it for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment