Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Penguins in toddlertime

This was a good one!

Opening song: Open Shut them

Book #1 Penguin and Pinecone by Yoon
 - I got some ahs from the caregivers
Penguin Puppets - I made paper penguin puppets (laminated) for the kids and we did up, down, in, out, high, low, around etc. Storytime ABCs is where I got this idea.
 - very good
Book #2 - Flip and Flop by Apperley
 - some of the younger ones started running round. Ignored them and kept on.
Action songs - Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Penguin Pokey and If you're happy and you know it. Last one "If you want to hear a story sit on down"
 - brings them back for a last short story

Book #3 - I am Small - by Dodd
 - definitely lost most of them but it is short so I finished it. I thought about cutting it short but it is so cute I had to finish it.

Shaker songs - Penguin Shuffle by Grunsky and "I know a Penguin" (thanks L. Berkner) that I sang

Closing song: What a Miracle by Palmer

The kids were a bit antsy today but it went okay. The only annoying thing was the parents first sat in the very back of the room - some of the kids came closer as time went on but even though I said something about how it is more of work for me if they sit back there, they weren't budging.

No comments:

Post a Comment