Thursday, April 2, 2015

Baby Storytime #4 - Babies on the Go!

Today I had some trouble with my music.
I used the Ipad for a Laurie Berkner song - I'm gonna drive my car - and it worked great. The problem was when I went to use it for bubbles. There was an ad on youtube that was so loud! Then I had to keep an eye on it for when it was done so I could turn the volume up again. Not a big deal but I might not use youtube with the babies since waiting is not there strong suit. Live and Learn.
Here is what I did this week:
Flannel - 10 little dump trucks
Songs
  • The More we Get Together (with ukulele)
  • I'm gonna drive my car (with motions)
  • Wheels on the bus (with motions)
  • Beep Beep Buckle up - The Wiggles (shakers)
  • Down at the station (with motions)
  • Bubbles- Raffi
  • Splish Splash-Bobby Darin (with bubbles)
  • Now It's time to Say goodbye (with ukulele)
Bounces
  • This is the way the ladies ride
  • Bumping up and down in my little red wagon 
  • Hurry Hurry drive the fire truck 

Book
Babies on the Go by Linda Ashman
This book was pretty long so we did it as a choral reading in the beginning and then I stopped and they continued as I passed out shakers.


I had a good crowd of 19 babies and 17 caregivers. I set up the room with me at the small end - it worked last time - but this time they leaned against the doors. Then they had to move when I got out the toys and balls. Oh well. What can you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment