Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Baby Storytime #6 - Peek a Boo!

Not my best baby storytime to date but I got through it.

Our theme was "Peek a Boo!"

Game- Where is Baby?
This is to encourage letter recognition. The baby picture hides behind a shape. I reveal each in turn.
(yellow triangle, red heart, orange square, white circle etc.) The kids looked at me with interest but I didn't get any responses. I have been told you have to do this over and over to get them to understand it. I might try it again next week with a different hidden pic. I might change it up a bit too.

Bounce - Abba Dabba Soda Cracker - first time I did this one. They liked it but I need to memorize it.
Read - Peek a Boo Morning by Isadora - might have been a little long
Passed out scarves and did some songs.
Read - Peek a Boo Kisses - I didn't do it as a choral reading because it is a lift a flap book so it seemed that it would work better solo. Everyone seemed to like it.

Shaker song - Shake your sillies out
Goodbye song
Bubbles - Bathtime by Raffi

I was pretty disorganized today. I forgot to get out the balls and toys until someone reminded me. It didn't help that 1/2 the people came late today.


No comments:

Post a Comment