Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Baby Storytime #2 - Bugs, Bugs, Bugs!

Today we did bugs. I had fewer babies this week and I set up the room better.

 I used cloths to hid things I was going to use later and the babies were more under control.

Only one little girl was up with me most of the time because her mother had a lap baby as well.
I can handle one rover so things went very smoothly, however, it would be nice to have more energy in the room as well as being under control. It is a balancing act and I am still working on that.

 I made sure I gave the adults permission to rescue their babies from wandering into the dangerous librarian space and that helped also.

A few things I want to remember:


  • Many of the adults want to sit on the side so they can lean against the wall. Should I put out chairs? I might ask if this has been tried before
  • itsy bitsy and wheels on the bus were best
  • uke was fine but limiting. I had to stop and do movements occasionally.
  •  need a better closing song, this one didn't work (This is the way we say goodbye)


The order I did things:

  • Opening song - The more we get together (uke)
  • Bounce (Ladybug fly)
  • Flannel (5 little butterflys)
  • Scarves -rhyme and song (Butterfly by Mariah Carrey)
  • Fingerplay (2) (Itsy bitsy and Caterpillar, Caterpillar)
  • Shakers - song (Buzz Buzz by Laurie Berkner)
  • Showed a pop-up picture in a book  (Butterfly, Butterfly by Horaeck)
  • Bubbles (Bathtime by Raffi)
  • Closing song - This is the Way (uke)


My early literacy asides today were about singing and phonological awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment