Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Baby Storytime #3 - Ocean

Today went very well.
I wasn't nervous and that helped.
I had a big crowd, 23 babies and 17 adults.
I set the stage by telling adults to keep the kids away from my stuff (but in nicer words). It mostly worked. The one mom with twins wasn't able to take one of her daughters back but I did my best.
Here's what I did:

Early Lit tip - Vocabulary
Opening song: The More we Get Together - with uke
(some parents were doing sign language with this)

Song - Come along and sign with me, sing with me, sing with me, come along and sing with me on a Wednesday morning. (then clap, roll, and tap) - tune: Mary Had a Little Lamb

Nursery Rhyme - Rub a dub dub (showed drawing from book)

Flannel board - Blue Shark, Blue Shark what do you see? (like Brown Bear)

Fingerplay/Song - Waves at the Beach (to Wheels on the bus)

Tickle- Fishin' for a Ticklin'

Choral Reading - In My Ocean

Shakers - The Goldfish by Laurie Berkner

Goodbye Song - Now it's time to say goodbye, say goodbye, say goodbye, Now it's time to say goodbye, we'll see you soon (with Uke) - to Mary had a little lamb

Bubbles - Octopus' Garden - Raffi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My impressions:
Blue Shark very well received.
In my ocean also.
Should have memorized Waves on the beach
Tickle went better than I expected.
I forgot to bring out the doll for demo but it went okay. I missed it a little.
I am going to learn a few names each time - Kelsy, Hazel, Addie, and Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment