Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Early Head Start and Head Start Outreach - Library/Books

I did library since this is my first visit this year.

Headstart was first and when I walked in the teachers were very surprised. Seems no one told them I was coming. They told me they had just started this week! It took a while to get the kids at the storytime circle but once they were there it was okay. I had asked for a CD player and the lady in charge said she would make sure there would be one there but none was in sight. I know 2 years ago, they started using the computers for their music so I guess I will have to bring my own.

Books:
Book, Book book by Bruss
Read it, Don't Eat It by Schoenherr - this one got their attention
No Pirates Allowed Said Library Lou by  Greene (too long for this group)
I took my Frog to the Library by Kimmel with puppets

Songs:
If you're happy and you know it
The more we get together
May there always be sunsine
The wheels on the bus

I realized No Pirate Allowed was too long about 2 pages in. I skipped a bunch and finished anyway. They like my ukulele.

Early Headstart was different than last year because there are only 4 toddlers so we went into the baby room where there were 8 babies! So instead of a toddler time, I did babies. I will plan on that from now on.



No comments:

Post a Comment