Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pete the Cat is Groovy!

This was a Saturday special for preschoolers. This means I didn't expect many kids but might get some babies.
I had 4 kids from 2 families. Their ages were 3,4,5, and 6.

Here is what I did:

You're a Real Cool Cat - Jbrary
Pete the Cat and his white shoes
Pete the Cat - Wheels on the Bus
Flannel Story of Pete the Cat and his 4 Groovy Buttons
Draw and Tell - The Black Cat
Kitty Hokey Pokey
If you're happy and you know it
Pete the Cat and his Magic Sunglasses
Laurie Berkner's The Cat came Back with instruments
Oh What a Miracle by Hap Palmer

For our craft we did a paper bag puppet of Pete the Cat

This went very well. They didn't really like the Draw and Tell...somehow they never go over as well as I would like. I read and sang Wheels on the bus while they did the motions and sang. Very good. All in all a great storytime...I will do parts of it next week since none of my usual kids came today.

No comments:

Post a Comment