Monday, December 11, 2017

Birds - preschool outreach

I will be doing this theme 3 times this week.
This was my first. This group is a private preschool and the kids are very good and advanced. So I figured I would do some experimenting. I tried teaching them Three Little Birds. They learned it fine but I messed up a bunch. I am not sure if I can teach the toddlers so I might just play the song and do scarves.

I haven't done birds for a while so this was fun!

Books;
I'm Not Cute by Allen - they liked this one
Oliver's Wood by Hendra
Hello My Name is Ruby by Stead - not a favorite
Pigeon Found a Hotdog by Willems - ok

Songs:
The more we get together with signs
Three Little Birds with uke
May there always be sunshine with uke
Old MacDonald with uke (their request)
Do the Bird - dancing
Rockin Robin with shakers
Jumping and Counting

Went pretty well. One boy asked for puppets because I brought them last time, maybe next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment