Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Preschool - Balloons

We are switching for the month of July so I have 3 PSSTs to do this month. I started with balloons!

This was a small group when I started only 3 kids so I opted for a long first book:

Harvey Potter's Balloon Farm by Nolen. I have loved this book since my kids were little but it is very long and you can't skip very well so I tried it. It went pretty well. The 3 I started with were attentive and like it. The younger ones that came in late not so much. Of  course, they came in during the middle of it, so that would be part of it. Since I did such a long story first I did 2 short ones after that. Perfectly Percy by Schmid and It's Tough to Lose your Balloon by Krosckza.

Songs:
Up Up and Away by the 5th dimension with scarves -
- They liked this one very much and danced with the scarves the whole song.

List of Dances - I need to find the original disc mine is skipping.

Finger Play - One from the left by Jim Gill
  - This is a new cd for Gill called Vote for Jim Gill. I like it and the kids did too.

Action song -
If you're happy and you know it

Flannel -
 Pete the Clown and his 5 balloons

Craft - hot air balloon out of a paper plate

This was  a great storytime! Nice one to start with. Next week Farms!

No comments:

Post a Comment