Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Worms with toddlers

I did my worm program again. It went well but it was a little short. I think I could have done another action song but I was out of ideas by the end.

Books:
Ned's New Home by Tseng
-Love this one for Toddlers
Inch by Inch by Lionni
-I remember this one from when I was young. Works pretty well for the toddlers as long as read with drama.

Flannel:
A Very Hungry Caterpillar by Carle
-this one went well.

Puppets:
Big Fat Worm by Van Laan
-One toddler insisted on standing at my knees. I tried to ignore but it was tough.

Action Rhyme with scarves:

WIGGLE WORMS
Wiggle your worms up, then wiggle them down.
Wiggle your worms around and around.
Wiggle them high, wiggle them low.
Wiggle them fast, wiggle them slow.
Wiggle them over, the tops of your toes.
Wiggle them under the tip of your nose.
Wiggle them up your arm to the top
Wiggle them down to your fingers and stop.
Wiggle your worm ‘cross the top of your head,
Then put your worm back in his own little bed.  (either put back in bag or cover up in hands.)


Songs:
Open Shut Them
Shake Your Sillies Out by Raffi
If you're happy and you know it
Walter the Waltzing Worm by Palmer with scarves
What a Miracle by Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment