Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Dog Toddler storytime

My first Toddle Storytime since September!!! Wow!!!

I used my dog theme.

Books -
Pudgy by Goodhart
 - Didn't a lot of help from the kids but the parents loved it
The Doghouse by Thomas
 - did this one after the rhythm instruments with expected results
A Hop is Up by Dempsey
 - a new book I really love. It gets the kids moving.
A Dog is a Dog by Shaskan
 - the dog is in a cat costume as well as others. I couched it by saying this is like halloween when you dress up. We over pretty well.
Dog's Colorful Day
- a flannel story

Music-
 - I want a Dog by Lunchmoney (instruments)
 - This Old Man (while coming in)
 - Who Left the Dogs out by Kidzbop (instruments)
 - If You're a Doggy and you Know it
 - BINGO flannel and on uke

How it went:
 It went pretty well considering how long it had been. There were only 5 toddlers and 1 baby. I ran out of stuff so I did many books. I didn't realize how many until I wrote them here. 2 of them are action books and one a flannel so I think it was okay.

I will be using this theme for outreach and preschool storytime next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment