Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Valentine's Day Toddler storytime

Today I did Valentine's/Love, it went well. Here is the run down of what I did:

Opening song: Open Shut them

Book #1 - Plant a Kiss by Willis
This is a very cute book. I wish it was a little bigger.

Song: Shake your sillies out by Raffi

Book #2 - What a Wonderful World by Hopgood
I sang this one but I wish I hadn't since my voice was a little ragged.

Flannel/Ukulele Song: You're my Rainbow (love me Tender) https://storytimeukulele.wordpress.com/2016/01/21/love-me-tender-variations/

Book #3 - How do you Hug a Porcupine? by Isop
I shortened this book a bit for my young audience and since I did it went over well.

Song: Skidamarink with motions https://sites.google.com/site/playbasedlearning/about-me
Song: If your happy and you know it


Book #4 - Sweet Heart by Carr
I don't usually do 4 books but some were still listening (most were not) so I figured this short one might be okay. By the end of the book, more were listening.

Song with instruments: Love in your Pocket by Harper
You really just need a good beat and this song has that.

Closing song: What a miracle. I didn't ask them to return the instruments after the previous song but maybe I should have had them hand them back because it was just too loud. Only one kid did the motions with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment