Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Space - toddler storytime

I did a new one today.

Everyone really liked it.

Books
Dinosaur Rocket by Dale
This is a new book that just struck me as a great storytime book. It is large and colorful and the story is short enough for my 1.5 year olds and interactive.

Higher Higher by Patricelli
This one has very few words so I had the kids "help" me. Went okay.

Flannels
If you're going to the moon Where your suit (http://melissa.depperfamily.net/blog/?p=1967)

A Circle in the Sky A colleague made this flannel from the book by Wilson.
 I tied it into my Early Literacy Tip of using shapes to learn letters. Then we did YMCA. It was fun!

Songs:
Open shut them
Rocketship Run by Berkner
With shakers
YMCA by the Village People
Shake your Sillies out by Raffi
If you're Happy and You know it
What a Miracle by Palmer

Finger Play
Zoom Zoom Zoom (Jbrary)

All in all a great storytime and I wasn't even feeling very well. I did more songs from CDs and had the kids say more words from the books. I might do it for my outreach next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment