Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Friends - toddler storytime

Today I wanted to do a happy storytime and with all the sad things in the news I just needed to. This is one I did from scratch so I have been planning it for a few weeks.

Opening - The More We Get Together with signs

Book #1 - A Splendid Friend Indeed by Bloom - This one is short but very sweet. I made sure I pointed out how the bear was feeling since the kids were pretty far away to see his eyes.

Action song - Jumping and Counting by Gill
-this one is good for teaching kids to wait. Self regulation.

Book #2 - Pepo and Lolo are Friends by Larrianigo
 - this one is also short but very good.

Fingerplay - Five good Friends - (five little ducks tune)
Five good friends, went out to play, It was a bright and sunny day.
One good friend said, I can't stay. Then there were 4 friends left to play. (4,3,2,1,no)



Action Song - Skinnamarink
- This one went over very well, they all knew it, so we did it twice. I might use this more.

Shaker song - Count on Me by Bruno Mars
 - I thought about playing this on my uke but I just don't think I know it well enough to play and sing and watch the kids at the same time.

You are my sunshine - since I have brought my uke I needed to use it at some point so we did a little more shaking. I did the first verse 2 time.

Closing song : Hands are for Clapping by Gill
 - I forgot my CD with my usual song so I did this one. It worked pretty well. The kids can't snap their fingers so I told them to click their tongue.


No comments:

Post a Comment