Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Gardens/Earth day with toddlers

Before everyone came I put on Books, Books by Emily Arrow. Then I did the hand motions when some came in early and they joined it. It ends with, "We'll start in one-two-three" so it worked great.

Books:
My Garden by Henkes
A Handful of Sunshine by Eclare
- this one is great, has very large photos

Songs:
The more we get together.
I know a chicken - with shakers
Shake your Sillies
If you love the earth clap your hands
What a miracle

Fingerplays
10 plump peas
Dig a little hole

Puppets
There's something in my garden

This one went very well. I usually do a flannel but I have been of vaca and just couldn't get it together. I did extra fingerplays instead and they liked that fine. Favorite was the puppets.

We did a handprint mural to hang in the library, they loved this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment